Saturday, February 2, 2008

More Reading Challenges

I really wanted to join in on the decades reading challenge, but I also wanted to limit myself to a realistic amount of reading. I thought that I would be able to do that by reading short "fairy tales" written in the 19th century with a then contemporary setting. They are charming light reads, and funny, and most conveniently relatively brief. But the ones I have in mind were published too close together, or are impossible to find a publication date for.

I'll have to find a new challenge that my list will suit.

The Rose and the Ring by William Makepeace Thackeray - 1855
The Magic Fishbone by Charles Dickens - 1868
Petsetilla's Poesy by Tom Hood - 1870
Prince Perigio by Andrew Lang - 1889

The Light Princess by George Macdonald -?
Uncle James or the Purple Stranger by E. Nesbit 19??

Update. Hooray! I have gotten hold of some of the missing pub dates.

No comments: