Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Pumpkin Muffin Fiasco

As a child I was a picky eater and now it's payback time. My child is quite particular about what she will eat. Alas, I am always trying to find ways to slip a vegetable past her food censor. Mostly with little success.

A friend of mine made some yummy pumpkin bread. It was fantastic, like carrot cake only smoother. I begged her to send me the recipe. Which she very generously did. At last I thought I can slip some beta carotene into my Little Muffin and it will go undetected!

Muffin loves to help in the kitchen and was very happy to mix up the batter, spoon it into muffin cups, and add chocolate chips (which were my four-year-old attraction insurance). Once the muffins and the loaf of pumpkin bread had baked up she took a bite that was smaller than a mouse bite and refused to eat any more. My husband won't eat anything pumpkin flavored, and would not try them, and they had three cups of sugar which gives me migranes. So I had to take them to work where my lovely coworkers ate them up.

To add insult to injury two days later Muffin was discovered to have eaten a bunch of crayons.

No comments: